Go Monarchs!Welcome to Mercy High Cheer
Cheerleading Tryouts are Coming!
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, and hardworking cheerleaders who will help spread school spirit at Monarch volleyball and basketball games, select Mt. Michael football games, and Cheerleading competitions!
Clinics are being held on April 22nd and 23rd 6 PM-8:30 PM.
Tryouts are being held on Saturday, April 25th 1 PM – 5 PM.
General Tryout Information
- You must register before the first day of clinic.
- Both clinic sessions are mandatory. You will learn basic cheerleading skills and all of the cheers and dances that will be used at tryouts.
- There will be cuts made. The selected number of cheerleaders depends on individual season availability. In general, around 20 cheerleaders total will make the team. Seniors are not eligible for the Junior Varsity team.
- Teams will be announced on Tuesday, April 28th. Current 8th graders and transfer students will be emailed the results in the early evening. Mercy students have the option of receiving an email or hearing the results in person starting at 4:00pm.
- Tryouts will be scheduled in 15-minute increments. You will be placed in a group of 3 people to perform in front of the judges. You will perform the following:
- Sideline cheer
- Jumps: Toe Touch, Hurdler, Hurkey
- Right kick and left kick
- Performance Cheer (with group)
- Sideline Dance (with group)
Choosing a Season:
- You may choose to try out for volleyball season, basketball season, or both. It is preferred that you choose “both” at registration unless you play a sport that conflicts. This gives you the greatest possibility of making the team for one of the seasons. Please note that even if you select “both”, you may be placed on only one season.
Competition Team Details:
- The Competition Team will attend the State Cheerleading Championships in February, as well as other competitions leading up to State.
- Competition Team will practice one additional day per week (Tuesdays 3-5pm).
- In order to be eligible for the competition team, you must cheer for BOTH seasons (volleyball and basketball).
- Cheerleading Camp 2020: August 3-6. Mandatory for all team members.
- Monday all-team practices from 3:45pm – 5:15pm (during volleyball and/or basketball season).
- Competition Team practices Tuesdays from 3:00pm – 5:00pm (August – February)
- All home and away games during your season (volleyball and/or basketball)
- Tuesday practices over the summer from 10:00am-12:00pm.
- Optional Competition Team Camp July 30 and 31 (Competition Team only).
- $200 Registration Fee
- Includes the cost for camp
- Due May 5
- $500 – $700 Uniform
- Cost is approximate. Several uniform items are optional or can be purchased second-hand for a lower cost.
- Due May 22
- $100 Competition Camp Registration
- Due June 15
- (Optional – Competition Team Only)
- $200 Competition Team Fee
- Competition team only – Required
- Due September 1