General Tryout Information for 2020-2021 Tryouts
- Tryouts will be held virtually this year! Please make sure you read through all of the information on this website so you are prepared!
- Click on “Basic Skills Videos” to start getting ready for tryouts now!
- On Monday, April 20th you will receive links to the instructional videos that will teach you the dance and two cheers. You will learn and practice them on your own.
- You will submit a video of your tryout by 8:00pm on Saturday, April 25th. Please make sure you read the Tryout Video Tips for details. If your video is done incorrectly, you will be required to record it and submit it again.
- There will be cuts made. The selected number of cheerleaders depends on individual season availability. In general, around 20 cheerleaders total will make the team. Seniors are not eligible for the Junior Varsity team.
- Teams will be announced via email on Tuesday, April 28th.
- You will perform the following in your video:
- Sideline Cheer
- Jumps: Toe Touch, Hurdler, Hurkey
- Right kick and left kick
- Performance Cheer
- Sideline Dance
Choosing a Season:
- You may choose to try out for volleyball season, basketball season, or both. It is preferred that you choose “both” at registration unless you play a sport that conflicts. This gives you the greatest possibility of making the team for one of the seasons. Please note that even if you select “both”, you may be placed on only one season.
Competition Team Details:
- The Competition Team will attend the State Cheerleading Championships in February, as well as other competitions leading up to State.
- Competition Team will practice one additional day per week (Tuesdays 3-5pm).
- In order to be eligible for the competition team, you must cheer for BOTH seasons (volleyball and basketball).
- Cheerleading Camp 2020: August 3-6. Mandatory for all team members.
- Monday all-team practices from 3:45pm – 5:15pm (during volleyball and/or basketball season).
- Competition Team practices Tuesdays from 3:00pm – 5:00pm (August – February)
- All home and away games during your season (volleyball and/or basketball)
- Tuesday practices over the summer from 10:00am-12:00pm.
- Optional Competition Team Camp July 30 and 31 (Competition Team only).
- $200 Registration Fee
- Includes the cost for camp
- Due May 5
- $500 – $700 Uniform
- Cost is approximate. Several uniform items are optional or can be purchased second-hand for a lower cost.
- Due Date TBD
- $100 Competition Camp Registration
- Due June 15
- (Optional – Competition Team Only)
- $200 Competition Team Fee
- Competition team only – Required
- Due September 1